Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Into Darkness


Before I begin with this post proper, allow me to provide a simple breakdown of my life’s components:
  •           Work: 50%
  •           Costuming: 5%
  •           Gaming 5%
  •           Nerf/Tactical Sports: 10%
  •           Family: 20%
  •           Gundam: 5%
  •           Others: 5%

The above is a rough estimate of the activities that take up most of my time, the things that demand for my regular attention. However, the above is before variable A came into the picture.

Variable A replaced everything below Work.

I entered this equation filled with hope but armed with wary, as preliminary studies indicated that variable A was atypical, different from the run-of-the-mill, factory-churned specimens I was used to. The studies were accurate, the past few months had been one emotional roller-coaster ride after another. Yet, I endured, for the results from a successful solution were deeply affective and very fulfilling. Simply put, variable A completed the equation, without which it would remain unbalanced, unsolvable and useless.

Math metaphors aside, I did all I could to make variable A happy, cheerful, content. I tended to her every need, tried to fulfill her every want, stayed by her side longer than anyone else in my life and tried all ways and means to maintain the status quo. Orthodox, unethical, legal, dangerous, mortally-damaging, turnkey solutions – I’ve tried them all. So why am I teary-eyed five days a week? Why do I do to bed with a heavy, damaged heart? Why do I wake up to a miasma of dread and gloom?

I know you can’t help it, you are going through some pretty tough times yourself. But is it too much to ask for you to be a bit happier? You display that same haggard look every day, you give me the cold shoulder on a near-daily basis, you respond coldly to my texts. To put it harshly, you simply don’t give a damn, whether it is about the shit I go through at work or about the other things in my… wait.

There are no other things in my life anymore.

And when you give me the silent treatment, I honestly don't feel like living anymore. It’s akin to a red-hot katana forged from the fires of Mount Doom bladed with a scaled-down version of the Death Star’s laser driven into my helpless heart at transwarp speed.

Fate challenged me to play this game on legendary, but now, I’m seriously wondering if the final cutscene is really worth it. Perhaps, I really wasn't ready.

Everyday, I am so fatigued by any number of things. The mental and psychological stress placed on me by my mounting workload can only be laughed off but never alleviated. I live with a perpetually churned-gut, always thinking of the next project, the next deadline, the next incident which would throw an already disheveled system into total anarchy. It is perplexing, tormenting and downright destructive, yet I cannot transcend this.

I also feel so guilty for disregarding my family ever since she came into my life. My home has become just a place for me to get some sleep, a hot shower and a change of clothes, but also a refugee camp for when the damage is just too dire. I feel so, so bad not talking to my parents more, giving them simple answers whenever they ask me anything at home. I really cannot summon up the motivation and processing power to prolong the conversation, my resources have been spent elsewhere. For that, I am really sorry.

My friends have been with me for the longest time, through the period of my greatest agony, through the good times of my life. I cannot ask for finer friends, for they are the only constant in this churning maelstrom that my life has become. They will always be a harbour for my nonsense, my randomness, my infatuation with SNSD as well as the persona that is Spartan of Spectre. For that, I thank you, all of you, and ask that we continue to exist as a group, divided as we may be.

A random picture on my Facebook news feed bore the following words: "If something is not making you happy anymore, respect yourself enough to walk away". This rings frighteningly true for many, many aspects of my life right now.

Although my rosy picture has begun its descent into darkness, but I will walk it through and finish what I started.

It is only logical.

Feed the fishes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

U need more knowledge on variable as varable can be classified as non -linar varable and linar varable u gt to find balance between the 2 equation u are too focus on the linar varable tat u treat the non linar varable =0 tat y ur equation cannot be balance. U gt to look deep into the unexplainable varable and u will find ur ans . Anyway ur quote *if sometink is nt making u happy anymore respect urself by just walk away * likes good quote