Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Secret - Stanza Four

Secret

Stanza Four – Secret Revelation

I swear, prices are shooting up by the day.

Even canned drinks cost a small meal nowadays!

What gives?

This sucks.

Click.

“Joyce?!”

***

Oh god oh god oh god.

What have I stumbled upon?

No one was meant to see this, not Rickson, and certainly not me…

This is some serious-

Click.

“Joyce?!”

Oh no.

***

What the heck is she doing here?

And what is she doing with that pair of scissors near the IV tube?

“Joyce, what are you doing?”

***

Oh no.

He’s back!

And I’m caught red-handed!

The file!

Must not let him see it!

“Er…I was just in the area and I saw you exit this ward, so I thought of coming in to see who you were visiting.”

He’s so not gonna buy it.

***

Ain’t that convenient?

I bet she has been tailing me the whole time.

That means...

Oh crap.

She must have seen everything.

“Joyce…I can explain…”

***

Explain?

Explain what you moron!

Explain why you chose this sickly girl over someone like me?

You’ll explain alright, you will explain everything.

But not now, not when my heart’s in a million pieces.

“Don’t you say a word. There’s nothing you can say, that would make the pain go away.”

***

Oh no.

My worst fears have come true.

I’ve destroyed her heart.

What have I done?

“Joyce please listen to me!”

***

No I refuse to hear!

“No! I don’t want to hear anymore of your lies! Go away you heartless bastard!”

Oh no!

The file!

***

Now she’s really angry.

Oh boy.

She’s starting her throwing-stuff routine again.

Eh?

This file, its not Joyce’s.

It’s Hers.

Her medical record file.

Ah I knew something was evading me!

I still don’t know her name!

I’m sure this file has it…

“Don’t you dare open that file Rickson! Don't you dare!”

***

Oh no!

He has the file!

Must not let him open it!

“Give it back Rickson! Give me the file!”

***

What?

What is this?

Why is she suddenly so defensive over her love-rival’s file?

This is so unlike her.

What’s in the file?

Oh crap!

“Ouch!”

***

Ha!

I got it back!

Childhood akido lessons weren’t for naught.

Now to get out of here before the file lands in his hands aga-

“Hey Joyce! What’s the matter with you!”

***

The bitch!

That bitch actually tackled me!

What the hell!

It hurts woman!

You’re not going anywhere now!

“Give me the file Joyce, or I’ll really have to take it by force!”

“Do it then you heartless creature! After all I’ve done for you, you repay me with this violence? If you can live with yourself, then do it!”

Ah! This is so maddening!

What exactly is in that file!

I have to see it!

...

Forgive me, Joyce.

“Ow! Ow! Ow!”

***

He really did it!

He forced the file from me!

And it hurts.

Both my arms and my heart.

Rickson…you are a sorry little man.

Is the information within that file more important than me?

Is that girl lying on that bed more important than me?

...

The answer's blatantly obvious.

***

I got it!

Now to see what Joyce has been trying to hide from me, and of course, to finally obtain her real name.

This is so awesome.

I’m sorry Joyce, but you left me with no choice.

Now let’s see…

Ah here it is!

Mizuki S. Lee.

What a wonderful name!

And no wonder she’s so beautiful!

She has Eurasian and Japanese blood!

Mother’s name: Kasumi Lee Hirano

Wow her mom’s a mixed too.

Father’s name: Richard Seras Tan

Hey this name looks familiar...

Wait a minute.



What?

This can’t be.

This is…

My…father’s…

Name.

“That’s right, Rickson!

She’s your sister!”

++++

Stanza Four ---------- End

No comments: