Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Secret - Stanza Five

Secret

Stanza Five – Secret Anguish


Where am I?

Where is this place?

It reeks of familiarity…sterility…

The hospital.

Oh I remember now.

I fainted.

Ow, my head hurts.

My vision’s still foggy, and I can’t hear a thing.

I must have forgotten to take my medicine again.

Sheesh, I’m getting more absentminded by the day.

Is it because of him?

Speaking of which, where did he go?

Did he carry me here?

Or did he leave me behind…

No!

He brought me here!

I’m sure of it.

Ah my vision’s starting to clear…



Huh?

Joyce?

What is she doing here!

Why is she on the floor like that?

And are those tears in her eyes?



Isn’t that him!

But why does he look so crestfallen…

What’s that in his hands?

I can’t see!

Come on vision, clear faster!

Voices, I can hear voices.

My ears must be clearing.

“…sister!”

What?

Why did Joyce say that?

What has a sister got to do wi-

Oh no.

Is that my medical file he’s reading?

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no no no.

This is not happening.

“Gasp!”

***

What is going on?

What the hell is going on!

Is there anyone who can tell me what is going on?

Why is my father’s name in here?

Why is my father’s name listed as her father?

Does this mean…

No!

It can’t be!

But…

Father’s name: Richard Seras Tan

There’s no mistake.

It is really Dad’s name.

Could it really be…

Ah!

Mom mentioned something about Dad and a brief fling he had before marriage…

Oh my god.

Is Mizuki the result of that mistake of passion?

Answers.

I need answers.

She’s awake.

“Mizuki.

What is the meaning of all this?”

***

Oh no.

He found out.

Oh no.

My secret.

It’s…out.

The secret I’ve been keeping for so long.

He actually found out.

Him.

Of all people.

HIM.

I don’t know what to say.

But I have to say something…

“I…I…”

***

Why is this so?

Why why why!

Ah my head!

It’s hurting!

I need answers!

I need answers NOW!

“I-what?!

Don’t make me ask again!

I’ll make sure you regret not answering the first time.”

***

Oh my goodness.

Why is he so fierce?

So sudden, so swift…

So different from the charming him just a while ago.

It hurts…

My heart hurts from his words…

Like a knife…

My heart’s bleeding.

Again.



I knew it.

This was doomed from the start.

The ending was already cast in stone.

I saw the ending.

Yet I foolishly continued to cling on to what little hope I had.

Mizuki, you are the most imprudent girl on this world.

Life is back to its meaningless form.

It has no meaning.

Nothing has.

I’m sick and tired of this…

I want to end…

I want it to all end…



I need to get away from this person.

This person who is both the bane, and the light of my life.

What have I done to deserve this?

Oka-san, I’m scared.

I’m really, really scared.

I’ve got to get out of here.

***

What is going through that head of hers?

How can things suddenly spin out of control like that?

Am I on a gameshow?

This is so not cool...

Hey what’s she doing?

Huh!

She yanked out her IV tube!

She’s making a break for the door!

“Hey!”

SLAM.

I gotta go after her!

Click.

Someone’s in the doorway…

Who the hell could it be?

What in the-

“Mr. Lee?”

What the hell is the math teacher doing here?

This thing is going out of proportion by the minute.

I need answers!

“Sir, what are you doing here?”

“My daughter got hospitalized.”

His daughter?

Who?

Oh no.

Could it be…

“I am her foster father.”

++++

Stanza Five ---------- End

No comments: